Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Walk, Jog, Run, or Compete

Psst.  I have a secret about the Pro Football Hall of Fame races.  Wanna hear it?  Come closer.  I'll only share this with you if you promise to tell everyone you know, ok?

Let's talk about the Gold Jacket 5k series.  For those of you who are football-vocabulary-deficient, the name comes from the Jackets worn by enshrinees to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Honestly, I'd call this color "Mustard," not "Gold."

By the end of 2016, there will be a Gold Jacket 5k in every NFL city plus Canton!  You, Runner-Friends, are getting this scoop before the official announcement!  This year the schedule includes the following cities:

​Detroit - May 17th
Cleveland - June 7th
Cincinnati - June 14th
Pittsburgh - June 28th
Baltimore - July 12th
Chicago - July 19th
Buffalo - August 9th
Championship Race - Canton - September 13th

Anyone can participate in the Gold Jacket 5k.  You can walk, jog, run, or compete--whatever makes you happy.  The winners of each Gold Jacket 5k will get a free entry and free travel to the Championship race on September 13th.  Participants will wear a bib with the name of the NFL team for their cities.  Canton's bib will be for the Canton Bulldogs.  I am already registered for the Canton Gold Jacket 5k because when Jim showed me the medal (He THUNKED it on the table--that's how big it is!) I lost my mind.  You, too, can earn this, and you can earn one for every Gold Jacket 5k!



Look at it!  LOOK AT THIS HUGE RING!!!!
I've got my eye on either the Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Baltimore Gold Jacket 5ks because I think my husband and I should take a short vacation to run one together.  We'll leave the kids at home; they are old enough to open cereal boxes and peanut butter jars.  What could go wrong?  (Before you go all nuts on me and I have to respond to Child and Family Services, I have to tell you that I'M JUST KIDDING about leaving the kids by themselves with just some cereal and peanut butter.  We have plenty of frozen pizza, too.)

Anyway, I am excited to treat some of these 5ks as race-cations, and hopefully you will join me.
This is EXACTLY how I look when I'm showing off my race swag after running a 5k!



Wanna join me?  Click here to register for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.   Remember; you can walk, jog, run, or compete.  Be daring; try something new. This year I am running a relay for the first time, and I'm really excited.  Plus,  of course, I'll be running for that huge ring in the Canton Gold Jacket 5k.  If I run the Gold Jacket in all the cities this year, I can use the rings as weapons during cafeteria duty.  I'M KIDDING!  I wouldn't want ketchup on my rings. Look for the national announcement of this series just after the Super Bowl during the week of February 2nd.

Like what you read?  Follow us on Twitter:
@itibrout
@hofmarathon

No comments:

Post a Comment